The Word Of The Day Is...

Procrastinate.
pro·cras·ti·nate  –verb (used with object)
to put off till another day or time; defer; delay.
(insert my picture next to the definition!)
 
OK, so I've got to get back on track and keep up to date. I've been soooo busy the last couple of weeks that I've gotten behind on many things, including this. I promise to try to be better!
 
I have been baking my butt off! Now, while I know that's not really a pretty image nor would the health department approve, but hey... my mom taught me to always tell the truth.
Here's a little of what I've been up to-
            Ah, the Juicy bag. I knew sooner or later, I was going to be tasked with the purse-style cake and in March, it happened. This was a vanilla/chocolate marble cake and I'm told it was delicious! Looks good, right?

After that, came Alyce's first birthday. Originally her mommy thought we would do a Dora the Explorer themed party and then later changed her mind to a 'cupcake' theme. Yayyy!!!

The cake was a tropical mix. Bottom tier was a combo flavor of pineapple/coconut/banana and the giant cupcake was an orange creamsicle concoction. Super yummy and a lot of fun to make. Now, we need regular cupcakes to go along with the cake! Strawberry cuppies with pureed strawberry buttercream... delicious!OK, ok... I was just looking for another excuse to play around with my new Cricut Expression cutting system.. LOVE.
This past weekend I officially deemed 'Purple Zebra Weekend'. 2, count 'em, TWO purple zebra themes requested:

Couple days ago, I did Georgia Bulldog cake # 2...
... and a Polo Shirt / hat combo
Shew! Are you tired yet? I'm exhausted!
Don't forget the truffles! These boxes had super selections including Cookies & Cream, Strawberries & cream, Lime Coconut, Coconut, Very Vanilla, and Creamsicle. MMmmm!!
OK, we're almost up to date!

I experimented a little this week... chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes covered in ganache (drool!)

After a small snafu, I ended the week with The Princess and the Frog...

OK gang, I think I got it all in! Not much of a story this time, but lots of eye candy!

The two rules of procrastination: 1) Do it today. 2) Tomorrow will be today tomorrow. ~Author Unknown
..until next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment