Just How *IS* a Raven Like a Writing Desk Anyway??

After returning from the long-anticipated release of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, I still don't know the answer to this riddle... but I do know one thing...


THIS MOVIE WAS GREAT!

A word of advice - do not go to this movie expecting to see a remake of any previous Alice nor an Alice story you've previously read. This is Tim's vision and adaptation of his own imagination and brilliance! Now, not that we expected anything less from Tim Burton and his usual cast of characters, Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. Throw in Anne Hathaway, Mia Wasikowska, Alan Rickman & the rest of the 'Underland' gang and POW! Magical is all I can say!


I saw this movie on opening day, IMAX 3d of course and it was amazing. Gorgeous scenery, incredible effects and yet slightly dark at the same time. I would highly recommend getting lost in this world with the help of IMAX. The sound, the size, the feeling that you were also immersed in Underland was excellent.

Now, I won't give away the plot nor any details of the film, you just have to RUN to the theatre and see for yourself. I absolutely fell deeper in love with The Red Queen in this one and actually moved The March Hare up a few rankings on my favorites list. He was a riot. There was definately not enough time spent at the tea party this time, it was one of my favorite scenes. The March Hare and Hatter are equally mad I think! Check out this clip...

From Alice to Hatter to Red herself this movie was a nonstop overload of excitement, eye-candy, special effects, whimsy, nonsense, adventure, action, heroism, and I believe there may have even been a little touch of warm fuzzies between Alice and Hatter. What a couple that would make! Almost as interesting and odd as the wink-wink relationship between Red and Stave...

The Red Queen's Bandersnatch was second only to her Jabberwocky, and while I realize if you haven't seen the movie, that may sound a little risque'... those in the know would agree with me!

This movie gets a 4.5 out of 5 stars from me and it only lacks the last 1/2 star because it wasn't long enough. The epic battle between good & evil, Red & White, was over almost as quickly as it began. Either the movie was so good that it was over before we knew it or not enough time was spent in Underland... I haven't decided which yet but I suspect it was the latter.

This is definately a go-to movie... do yourselves a favor and see it then buy the dvd!

I love the Red Queen obviously and all the hearts and cards. In her honor, I created these cake truffles. They are a yummy combination of banana, rum, and coconut and coated in white chocolate. They are as colorful, decadent and delicious as the Queen herself!


We're off to Champion Stadium in Orlando tomorrow for Braves Spring training and I'll be taking tonight's special creation with us...
Cookies & Cream cupcakes. This is a French Vanilla cake with Oreo pieces baked throughout and covered in a super-yummy cream cheese frosting. Here's a tip when you make your own... twist oreo's in half and put the unfrosted half in the bottom of the cup before you fill with batter. It's a nice surprise when you bite! I think my Dad will enjoy these, what do you think?

I end today's post with one of my favorite quotes from the movie, "Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.".
See you all after the game!


0 comments:

Post a Comment